Admin password change

Go to solution Solved by Akhila,

Hi,

How do I reset the admin password for ESET. And can someone tell me where is that option to change the admin password?  

Posted (edited)

Hi

This is ESET Protect. This is the admin password prompt while uninstalling ESET endpoint. However I cannot find any option to reset the admin password. Where can I reset it ?

Akhila

Edited by Akhila

• Administrators

You can set an empty password in a policy to remove password protection remotely:

image.png

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Thank you for that.

But I would like to increase the encryption with the admin password so that end users cannot simply uninstall it. So I think Admin password reset will be a better option. Could you guide me to that page ? 

Akhila 

Edited by Akhila

• Administrators

I'm afraid I don't understand. What do you mean by increasing the encryption with the admin password? To set a new password to protect Endpoint settings, set it up in a policy as shown above.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

So, The issue arises when I try to uninstall the endpoint product from a device as it asks for the admin password. Unfortunately I dont remember the admin [global admin] password. So I just want to reset this admin password for ESET protect. I believe this  password is set up during the first installation of ESET product but we dont have that details now. 

And this is ESET PROTECT CLOUD and not on prem

Regards,

Akhila 

Edited by Akhila

• Administrators

The password can be set either in the advanced setup or through a policy.  Is the Endpoint no longer managed through ESET PROTECT so you cannot send a policy that would disable password protection?

Hi, 

Tried to do it from here. Pushed the policy to all the devices. Waited like 10 minutes, restarted the device. Still asking for the password. So I added a password here. Is this gonna be the admin password for uninstalling endpoint from a system or for other admin privileged tasks. 

image.thumb.png.b3c36a8d8b1d0b780d8328d235f8c03b.png

• Administrators

You might need to select the lightning bolt icon instead of the dot to enforce the setting and suppress other policies that might set password as well.

Posted (edited)

Hi, 

From policy - Enforced , assigned device. Then restarted the device and tried to uninstall ESET. Still says password is incorrect.

image.png.3e011aba38e864cf7892dc6e413584d4.png

Edited by Akhila

Hi Macros,

That worked! Thank you .

So will this be the admin password for all the purposes [I am kind of new to this and I dont know for what other tasks do I need the admin password TBH]. But for uninstalling, This workaround is a success. 

Regards,

Akhila