MSP - User unable to see second customer

bink
Go to solution Solved by bink,

Heya,

we have the following problem since a few days:

We are a MSP and we have a user who needs to see two different customer. It worked for a time now, but somehow it stopped working. I unassigned the permission sets and reassigned them, but this didn't help. I also tried to delete the user in the protect dashboard but this also didn't work.

If I create a new user and assign this user the needed permission sets it is working like it should.

Does someone have an idea what I could be missing?

• Solution

Problem is solved.

FYI:

Restoring the user state fixed it.

image.png.952b3b247d9d5f7f56dd16851e96b4c9.png

• ESET Staff

Could you possibly provide more details of where you have been missing visibility? Asking, as "Stored user state" stores just user preferences in the console, like filters, order of the columns and similar properties, so it is possible there was just some forgotten filter that limited visibility for the users, or there might be an issue in the console, that might reoccur...

16 hours ago, MartinK said:

Could you possibly provide more details of where you have been missing visibility? Asking, as "Stored user state" stores just user preferences in the console, like filters, order of the columns and similar properties, so it is possible there was just some forgotten filter that limited visibility for the users, or there might be an issue in the console, that might reoccur...

Sure,

The user has two permission sets for two different customer. Let's say customer A and customer B.

He was able to see customer A but customer B was not visible. Under "Computers" only customer A was visible.

Under "Dashboard" he was able to select customer B. He also was able to see the status overview of the devices that were assigned to customer B. But if he clicked on "Ok" where he gets transported to the "Computer" Tab, he got shown the devices from Customer A.

I consulted with the customer and he told me that no filter was set. The error occurred from one day to the next.
I then tried to delete the user completely (from Protect and MSP Administrator) and then create him again. But that was also unsuccessful.