The slider in ESET PROTECT console doesn't work

KaewCYJ

• Marcos changed the title to The slider in ESET PROTECT console doesn't work
  • Administrators

If toggling Hide / Show side panel doesn't make any difference, please raise a support ticket for further troubleshooting. Does the issue occur in all browsers?

On 7/5/2024 at 8:33 PM, Marcos said:

If toggling Hide / Show side panel doesn't make any difference, please raise a support ticket for further troubleshooting. Does the issue occur in all browsers?

We've tried changing web browsers. There is still the same problem, unable to expand.

On 7/5/2024 at 7:56 PM, P4r4do0x said:

Hello,

Try this.

-PD

image.png.bb2ca0676ba7d4311b23443571cf512b.png

Thank you very much, but we scrolled without clicking on Show side panel, instead we used the mouse to scroll, with the arrow appearing for scrolling, and the computers menu and three dots as shown in the picture did not appear.

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem. Someone moved the slider too far to the left, and now it is stuck there. Since the side panel layout is user-specific, everyone who logs in encounters this issue. Is there any way to reset the side panel layout?

Thank you.

• ESET Staff
On 7/10/2024 at 3:25 PM, O S said:

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem. Someone moved the slider too far to the left, and now it is stuck there. Since the side panel layout is user-specific, everyone who logs in encounters this issue. Is there any way to reset the side panel layout?

Thank you.

I have not verified whether it resolves this specific glitch, but it is possible to reset user's stored state, see documentation: https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/10.0/en-US/user_settings.html but be aware this will reset all filters, changes in columns order, selected columns for all tables, etc.

Also I am little confused by statement that "side panel layout is user-specific" because it should be indeed user-specific = in other words, if other user logs in (with different login), user should not be affected by this. If all users / all accounts are affected, resetting user state won't help. But in case multiple users are using/sharing the same account, indeed all users would see the same configuration...

16 hours ago, MartinK said:

I have not verified whether it resolves this specific glitch, but it is possible to reset user's stored state, see documentation: https://help.eset.com/protect_admin/10.0/en-US/user_settings.html but be aware this will reset all filters, changes in columns order, selected columns for all tables, etc.

Also I am little confused by statement that "side panel layout is user-specific" because it should be indeed user-specific = in other words, if other user logs in (with different login), user should not be affected by this. If all users / all accounts are affected, resetting user state won't help. But in case multiple users are using/sharing the same account, indeed all users would see the same configuration...

Hi Martin,

I was about to try your solution, but after I logged in, the side panel magically came back, and everything is now fine again. However, I have to say that the UI feels a bit different – maybe it’s just a placebo effect.

• ESET Staff
On 7/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, O S said:

Hi Martin,

I was about to try your solution, but after I logged in, the side panel magically came back, and everything is now fine again. However, I have to say that the UI feels a bit different – maybe it’s just a placebo effect.

Thanks for letting us know. And indeed there was a rollout of newer version of "computers" section in last few weeks, so it is possible you got it just recently. Also there are some UI changes/improvements and bigger technology changes, that might have resolved behavior of sidepanel.

If possible, could you also check that sidepanel behaves correctly also on other "main" screen, like "Detections", etc.? Those were not affected by rollout of computers section, so it might happen issue will be persistent there.