I want to use Mirror Tools for updates.

I need some help. I want to use Mirror Tools for updates. Initially, I tried setting it up according to the manual, but I still can't create update files.I have a machine on a ship that travels constantly and can't access the internet all the time. I need to send the update files via email, but the files are quite limited.Therefore, what commands should I use?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Marcos said:

มันเป็นเพียงเครื่องจักรเครื่องเดียวบนเรือใช่ไหม? หากต้องการอัปเดต ESET บนเรือหรือบนเครื่องด้วยดาวเทียมหรือการเชื่อมต่ออินเทอร์เน็ตแบบจำกัดประเภทอื่น เรามี ESET Micro Updates : https://www.eset.com/int/business/services/micro-updates/

If I want to use ESET Micro Updates, how should you configure it?

Edited by KaewCYJ

5 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It's a paid service and update files are provided via special urls.

If I'm already using ESET as an organization Do I have to spend more money to buy this service?

• Administrators

Micro Updates is an extra paid service. However, you can use the mirror tool to create a mirror with so-called level update files which are ~750 MB in total. Micro Updates are much smaller and besides a full module mirror package you also get 1-week incremental engine updates which are currently about 300 kB in size.

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Micro Updates is an extra paid service. However, you can use the mirror tool to create a mirror with so-called level update files which are ~750 MB in total. Micro Updates are much smaller and besides a full module mirror package you also get 1-week incremental engine updates which are currently about 300 kB in size.

Okay, so maybe I need to use mirror tools, but I'm stuck on what parameters I need to use. I still don't quite understand.

• Administrators

You can run:

mirrortool --outputDirectory mirror --offlineLicenseFilename licensefile.lf --mirrorType=regular --intermediateUpdateDirectory temp --mirrorOnlyLevelUpdates --excludedProducts=ep4 ep5 ep6 ep7 ep8 ep9 ep10 era6

where licensefile.lf is an offline license file generated through eba.eset.com (must include the username and password which you can select upon creation). With the above products excluded, only a mirror for Endpoint v11 will be created.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can run:

mirrortool --outputDirectory mirror --offlineLicenseFilename licensefile.lf --mirrorType=regular --intermediateUpdateDirectory temp --mirrorOnlyLevelUpdates --excludedProducts=ep4 ep5 ep6 ep7 ep8 ep9 ep10 era6

where licensefile.lf is an offline license file generated through eba.eset.com (must include the username and password which you can select upon creation). With the above products excluded, only a mirror for Endpoint v11 will be created.

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.

On 6/17/2024 at 6:27 PM, KaewCYJ said:

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.

I tried following the instructions and using this parameter. The Antivirus program on the machine running the Mirror Tools is version 10.1, but the issue persists. I have attached an image file for reference.

mirror tools.jpg