Target Groups for exclusions

j-gray

In EI Console when I'm creating an exclusion, the only available Target groups are groups from EP Console that were created by syncing Active Directory.

I'm not seeing any of the other groups from EP Console, particularly Dynamic Groups. I'd like to be able to assign exclusions by OS but currently can only do so by Active Directory org units.

Is this possible?

• ESET Staff

Dynamic Groups are not currently supported for assigning exclusions/rules.  But you can exclude by "SystemVersion".

This will be a numbered string that you can find on the details of a computer inside of Inspect.  You would then use this in an advanced exclusion like:

<definition>
    <process>
        <operator type="and">
            <condition component="SystemInfo" property="SystemVersion" condition="is" value="10.0.20348.643" />
            <condition component="FileItem" property="FileName" condition="is" value="cmd.exe" />
        </operator>
    </process>
</definition>

Thank you for the quick response! I'll give that a try.

I thought I recalled having dynamic groups when on-prem, so thought I might be missing something now that we're in the cloud.