This is a recurring problem over the last few months that somehow fixes its self then does this again

image.png.65494cb9d57be41be54ee1b6bd683835.pngimage.png.a4c31d8d29566f7d0c9fcd4175f0f695.png

• Administrators

Something is tampering with update files as they are downloaded.

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Run update to reproduce the error
  3. Stop logging
  4. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

• Administrators

File attachments in this forum are accessible only by ESET staff.

As an aside when I turned the advanced log off the update went through and said to restart which I have

eis_logs.zip

• Administrators

The logs show successful product and module updates but we would need advanced logs from an unsuccessful update attempt. There are some errors like Internal server error, Server not found, Could not connect to server from earlier today, however.

i'll send another through if it happens again but thanks anyway

• Administrators

Your ESI logs was missing LiveGrid data. Please make sure that LiveGrid works and the CloudCar test file is detected as Suspicious Object upon download: https://amtso.eicar.org/cloudcar.exe.

Also I'd recommend enabling the LiveGrid Feedback system for maximum protection and cleaning capabilities.

cloudcar was detected and feedback is now enabled

• Administrators

It looks like no new records were logged in the Event log. The last record both in today's and yesterday's logs is

6. 6. 2024 7:44:26    ESET Kernel    Advanced logging has stopped and logs were created.     SYSTEM       

• Administrators

You can upload the archive to a safe location, such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. and drop me a private message with a download link.