ESET PROTECT on-prem component upgrade failed

I'm trying to upgrade to ESET PROTECT on-prem; version 11.0.224.0 for linux but having no luck. Current version: ESET PROTECT on-prem (Server), Version 11.0 (11.0.215.0)

About a month ago we upgraded to the new Rocky based VA from CentOS. We ran into an issue logging in to the web console due to a ODBC driver but have since had no issues. 

When I attempt to upgrade the product from the "Installed Application" tab I get the following error: 

image.thumb.png.2ec6dc896b71f380ba7871aaf02ad112.png

No ESET products that can be updated automatically have been found

If I try to upgrade the product from the Help tab, the task fails. Any help on next troubleshooting steps would be appreciated. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have similar problem.

I think the problem appeared when ESET first time released new ESET PROTECT appliance on Rocky. The version of appliance was 11.0.215.0. After release, ESET realized there is some issue within appliance (probably the issue with ODBC) so they removed a new appliance and returned the old appliance on CentOS to download.

Without any warning or information, they didn't publicly notify anybody about the situation (at least there was no information on the website). And because I had downloaded appliance, I haven't to download it again, so I kept using it.

And now my ESET PROTECT servers didn't receive a new update (11.0.244.0).

Please, don't expect any help from ESET, it's waste of time. I only wanted to inform other people with the same issue because I see nobody answer you for almost a month. 

It's probably revenge for not paying for the cloud.

Hi trnx,

Thanks for the reply and info!

I wasn't expecting much from ESET without opening a case but thought I'd ask anyway. Luckily for me, it seemed to resolve itself after various retries but I still can't explain it.