Avscanner Virus

I have a two years subscription on Eset Internet Security. Now I am suspecting that my computer operating system is infected with Avscanner virus, because I saw a configuration file name AVscanner on the root directory of my c:\. I saw this file when I load the OS in a safe mode...

I had never install any AV anti virus on my computer.

Now my computer automatically shutdown when open... 

I am using Windows 10 64bit. What should i do? can anyone help me on this problem?

avscanner.jpg

• Administrators

Hard to say what application created the file, I was able to find only this discussion related to it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/s032cd/avscannerini_in_c_drive_what_is_it_and_can_i/

The file on your machine was last modified in 2023 and might have come from a legitimate application that you no longer have on the machine and you should be able to delete it as an administrator. If running a scan with ESET didn't detect any threat, your computer should be clean. For peace of mind you could run a second opinion on-demand scanner with a 3rd party online scanner.

Thank you sir Marcos for the prompt reply it is appreciated very much.

To work around I tried  to do the following, 

1.) Run windows on a safe mode.

2.) install malwarebytes and have it scan to my PC.

3.) A trojan horse was detected in which the Eset Internet Security failed to detect.

4.) I delete the trojan horse inside the quarantine to ensure its no longer exist.

Performing the above steps, it resolved the problem on my OS from shutting down by itself.. Please see the screen shot below... that is the kind of malware/virus that infects my system which I deleted in malwarebytes app.

Now my question, Can I install malwarebytes application together with Eset Internet Security? is there any conflict?

Another thing, how can I report this matter to the technical team of Eset to include this kind of Trojan horse in Eset Detection module?

trojan.jpg

• Administrators

It should be this file with a valid digital signature and undetected by the majority of AVs after 6 months. I've passed it further for perusal but I tend to believe it's clean and not subject to detection:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ccd92972bf1018213cea210d5308819dabdcfae221c0c912e1191fb6fa484295/detection

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

It should be this file with a valid digital signature

Signature is revoked.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, itman said:

Signature is revoked.

Strange because I see it not revoked:

Revocation Status : OK. Effective Date <Monday, May ‎27, 2024 10:48:46> Next Update <Friday, May 31, 2024 10:48:45>

Anyways, a detection was added earlier today: Win64/TrojanDownloader.Rugmi.C trojan.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ccd92972bf1018213cea210d5308819dabdcfae221c0c912e1191fb6fa484295?nocache=1

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Strange because I see it not revoked:

Eset_Cert.thumb.png.4f8c0f3bed2af786ecc746b236f874ce.png