After configuring ESET Protect On-prem, the system got stuck on 'Starting ESET PROTECT Server'

Go to solution Solved by Rafal96,

Hello, I am having an issue with installing the new Eset Protect server. I downloaded the "ESET PROTECT Virtual Appliances" image for Vmware. I started the system, configured the network, etc. I transferred the database from the old Eset Protect 8.0 server without any issues along the way. I shut down the old server and configured the new one through the browser. Unfortunately, after configuration (I used the same password for the database as on the old server, set up the same addressing, etc.), the system doesn't start up, it gets stuck at the step 'Starting ESET Protect Server'. What could be the cause of this? Thank you in advance for your help. I am attaching a photo of the issue.

esetfail.png

I was convinced that it was too big of a leap, so I set up ESET Protect server 9, went through all the steps again, and it worked. Unfortunately, after migrating the database from version 9 to 11 and configuring it, the problem is occurring again. I am attaching an image.

eset_2.png

• Solution

Hi, I did it by moving the database from version 9 to 10, then from 10 to 11 (CentOS), then from 11 (CentOS) to 11 (Rocky) and it worked. The issue can be closed.

• 2 months later...

Hi !

Have the same problem with a migration from 10 (CentOS) to 11 (ROskyLinux).

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

2024-06-24_16h56_34.jpg

Edited by Camieg
Add files

Hi !

After several searches, it was finally my firewall that was blocking requests to Linux/Red Hat servers. For my part, I authorized the appliance to contact ESET servers only.

After allowing my appliance to exit, the initialization completed.

This is not mentioned in the migration procedure: https://help.eset.com/protect_deploy_va/11.0/en-US/va_upgrade_migrate.html

If you could update the documentation :)

Best regards