Modules update failed. Update authorization failed. Please check if your license is valid and if your product version is supported.

Hi, I have two devices under the same license and for the past two days I've been receiving this message.

I don't know what to do, would appreciate some help.

Adding log files in case it's needed.

eea_logs.zip

image.png.4e1506d50c8ca98ca2f9657e8c4c72da.png

• Administrators

Has the issue been resolved in the mean time? I've tried downloading update files using your license and it went alright.

Sorry if the answer is obvious lol but how do I install the latest version? Can't find an option on ESET website or on the app

• Administrators

If ESET Endpoint is managed by ESET PROTECT, as of Endpoint v9.0 you can enable product auto-updates to get Endpoint update automatically to newer versions:

image.png

Please check if product updates are not paused in the advanced setup:

image.png

You can also install Endpoint manually by downloading the installer from ESET's website https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/ or via a software install task. With newer versions of Endpoint you can also enforce a check for product updates using the appropriate task:

image.png

Uhm I downloaded ESET Protect but can't seem to find it on the pc to open and do what you said.. is there a way to access it through ESET Endpoint?

• Administrators

It is a license for 200 PCs managed by ESET PROTECT. If you are saying that you have just downloaded ESET PROTECT, you are most likely not an administrator who manages computers in your company network. Normally it should be administrators who take care of keeping the software up to date but if you have administrator rights, you can download the Endpoint installer from  https://www.eset.com/int/business/download/ and install it.

I'm a personal person with two personal devices, not part of a business. I did download the Endpoint installer from the link you previously shared and the problem still persists.

I clicked on "Setup ESET management console and install centrally" and then on "On-premise management" since I don't have an ESET Business account. Do I need to create one?

• Administrators

Then it

Just now, Ophirk said:

I'm a personal person with two personal devices, not part of a business. I did download the Endpoint installer from the link you previously shared and the problem still persists.

It is not clear then how you got hold of a business license for 200 PCs. If you did not purchase it, please uninstall ESET Endpoint. If you want to keep using it, you can purchase a license for ESET Security Essential, Premium or Ultimate.

A friend helped me get it since I don't really understand this stuff. Guess he got it wrong too..?

Well, thanks anyway for your help, much appreciated. I'll look into the licenses you mentioned.