unable to update ESET Management Agent via SCCM or local install on multiple( but not all) Machines

Hello,

We have various versions of ESET Management Agent that we would like to update. We have been updating them via SCCM. We have noticed that about 50 or so machines didn't update for some reason. I was able to connect to this machine through RDP and try to install the agent locally. During the install, it came back with an error of win.1603 (I'm not sure if this error would present itself for all 50+ machines that are unable to update the ESET Management Agent). All the machines have different agent versions from 7.2 to 10.1 and different up times. Because we do have a number of remote sites, uninstalling in SAFE MODE using the uninstaller tool and reinstalling would be our last resort since a technician would have to go to the site to complete this step. Just wondering if you have any troubleshooting steps that can help solve this issue...

• Administrators

It is recommended to upgrade the management agent by sending an ESET PROTECT component upgrade task.

In order to determine the root cause of installation errors, please raise a support ticket. In the mean time, you can post logs collected with ESET Log Collector from such machine here.

Our ESET Endpoint Security is managed by a vendor. But, we were given the ESET Management Agent by our Vendor to see if we can resolve this issue. I'm assuming that if I upload the ESET logs that it will only be viewable by ESET employees....

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Lisa Bruce said:

I'm assuming that if I upload the ESET logs that it will only be viewable by ESET employees....

Correct. Attachments are available to ESET staff only.

• Administrators

I've found a similar support ticket where developers concluded that:

Provided logs show that the customer incorrectly tried to use software install task to upgrade Agent first. That is not possible as it will cause Agent service to be stopped by the installer. Agent will then properly shutdown and stop any ongoing installations including its own upgrade.

Agent must be only upgraded through Upgrade infrastructure task and its output is logged into 'ra-upgrade-agent_*.log' file that is first placed at 'C:\Windows\Temp\' and then moved into Agent logs directory.

Could you please confirm that agent upgrade via an ESET PROTECT component upgrade task is failing?

ESET protect is managed by a Vendor but I got them to push to that machine using ESET Protect. The Vendor stated that it failed. 

• Administrators

Agents must be updated via an ESET PROTECT component update task. If this is failing, please raise a support ticket.