Questions on licenses purchased via Google Play?

Hello,

I would appreciate help with the following.

I have purchased a single Eset Mobile Security via Google Play (=9.99 EUR year). It can be used on up to 5  Android devices (if running on the same google account).

Now from within the app itself there is an option to "Protect all my devices" (=49.99 EUR year). Is indicated that is for 3 devices and across Android, Windows, IOS.

My points of inquiry:

- if I want to use this extended license in a combined manner (i.e. on Windows + Android device), will I effectively be able to activate different products with it i.e. ESET Internet Security (for my laptoop) and ESET Mobile Security (for my Android mobile devices)?

- While the license is indicated for only 3 devices do I correctly assume that up to 5 Android devices running on the same google account will count as 1 position (out of the 3), with 2 out of the 3 positions remaining to be used for example on 2 Windows computers/laptops?

The thing is that via other official distribution channels - each individual device is counted as 1 (and increases the price paid) where obviously the licenses distributed via Google Play have their own specificity

Thank you everyone in advance.

R.

• Administrators

A license for ESET Mobile Security doesn't entitle you to use ESET on Windows or MacOS. You can use it on up to 5 Android devices as permitted by Google.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

A license for ESET Mobile Security doesn't entitle you to use ESET on Windows or MacOS. You can use it on up to 5 Android devices as permitted by Google.

This is what I thought. However see below printscreen availalbe from within the Eset mobile app. It does refer to 3 devices across different OS and at the bottom it clearly indicates to be a subscritpion via google playstore....

PrtScr.jpg

• Administrators

I see now, you can upgrade the Google license to premium which will entitle you to install and use ESET on Android, Windows (ESET Internet Security) and MacOS on 3 devices in total.

The above offering comes from EMS v8. We're now in the process of rolling out v9.0 which provides new offerings for upgrade to ESET Home Security Essential and ESET Home Security Premium (with ESET Smart Security Premium for Windows).

8 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I see now, you can upgrade the Google license to premium which will entitle you to install and use ESET on Android, Windows (ESET Internet Security) and MacOS on 3 devices in total.

The above offering comes from EMS v8. We're now in the process of rolling out v9.0 which provides new offerings for upgrade to ESET Home Security Essential and ESET Home Security Premium (with ESET Smart Security Premium for Windows).

But once again my question - if I use say 2x Android devices on same google account will it effectively consume only 1 out of the 3 positions of the license? And I have 2 out of the 3 license positions remaining for my non-Android devices? Or rather each Android device "consumes" 1 licence position irrespective of the fact that they are on the same google account?

• Administrators

Now you have a Google Play license that you can use on up to 5 Android devices per Google's policy. After upgrade, you could use ESET on 3 devices in total, e.g. 1 on Android and 2 on Windows. Of course, after upgrade you could theoretically use it on up to 3 Android devices with no installation on Windows or Mac device but it would not be obviously worth the upgrade then.

46 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Now you have a Google Play license that you can use on up to 5 Android devices per Google's policy. After upgrade, you could use ESET on 3 devices in total, e.g. 1 on Android and 2 on Windows. Of course, after upgrade you could theoretically use it on up to 3 Android devices with no installation on Windows or Mac device but it would not be obviously worth the upgrade then.

Does not seems to make sense - with the cheaper license I get 5 Androids covered and with the much more expensive only 3...but I guess reality does not always makes sense :)

In any case thank you.