Groups, Templates and Notifications

eab

I'm struggling to do some things which I assumed would have been fairly simple and straight-forward. Before I spend any more time on this I should like to know if what I would like to accomplish is even possible in ESET PROTECT Cloud.

1. Make a Dynamic Group with all managed clients which name begins with 'vma'.
  2. Change the default 'At least one computer has not connected for more than 14 days' notification to ignore clients which
    1. do not have any security product installed 
    2. belong to a designated Dynamic Group

• Administrators

1, I could not find a suitable expression to achieve this, I assume it's not possible. However, you can raise a support ticket to make sure.

2, This is not possible because membership in DG is evaluated by agent on clients and reported back to ESET PROTECT. If a computer does not connect, information about DG membership cannot be received.

1. I see.
  2. I don't understand how this isn't possible.
    1. Say there exists a DG called 'ignored_clients' 
    2. 'client123' is currently a member of DG 'ignored_clients'
    3. The notification is set to ignore clients which are members of DG 'ignored_clients'
    4. 'client123' does not connect for 14 days, and is ignored by the notification because it is (already) a member of DG 'ignored_clients' ... or!?

• Administrators

If a client becomes a member of the DG "ignored_clients", because of no connection to ESET PROTECT it cannot report the membership back to the server. However, any policies associated with the DG will be applied even offline as agent has this information.

However, any policies associated with the DG will be applied even offline as agent has this information.

I would assume that the Server also retains the information that the client is a member of a DG even if the client goes offline. And since the notification is something from the Server and not the Agent, I assume that the DG (including it's members) can be excluded from the notification trigger.

So it sounds like what I am trying to do should work. 

If so, what conditions in the notification settings control inclusion/exclusion of specified DG?