Tor Browser fix no connect

vaskOLD

Hello staff and all,

I would like to ask if the message from the screenshot (Tor exited during startup. This might be due to an error in your torrc file, a bug in Tor, or another program on your system, or faulty hardware) is due to settings in NOD32. Additionally, please tell me how to check if NOD32 is blocking the tor.exe file, so I can be sure it's not because of the antivirus program.

IMG

1234.jpg.aad078b6732ca410e7f7a80162a9dc1e.jpg

Thank you

• Administrators

Does the issue go away after temporarily uninstalling ESET and returns as soon as you install the latest version 16.2.15 with default settings?

I will test and report back soon.

1. I will try to uninstall the antivirus (accordingly, I will try to install TOR browser and thus we will find out whether the antivirus program blocks the browser or not) and then I will install it again with the latest version

2. currently the NOD32 version is 16.2.15

it's possible, I eliminated the nod32 problem, it doesn't goblock, but the problem still exists
I will be glad if someone can help,

my os:  Windows  8
my tor v browser 13,0.1

If you search the forum, most of the postings in regards to the Tor browser are that Eset is not blocking access to it as specified. As such, I doubt your Tor browser issue is due to NOD32.

On 10/30/2023 at 6:18 PM, vaskOLD said:

it's possible, I eliminated the nod32 problem, it doesn't goblock, but the problem still exists
I will be glad if someone can help,

my os:  Windows  8
my tor v browser 13,0.1

I use TOR and it works perfectly fine with NOD32 active, no need for any exclusions even.

Make sure you download it from a legit source like: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/tor_browser_bundle_64.html