ARP Cache Poisoning / Duplicate IP addresses

Guest Guest123

Hi,

For the last few weeks I've been receiving way too much notificationes abour ARP Cache Poisoning / Duplicate IP Addresses (about to reach 10,000 combined).

This happens at intervals of 30-60min, typically once a day although there are days when it doesn' happen at all.  During such an interval I get a notification every second and some websites become unreachable. For example, I can use all Google related sites and some other sites not related to Google at all, but I can't use Skype, the Eset site, etc.

I searched the forums and the Eset site. The IP address in the notifications is in the 192. 168.x.x safe range, so I tried making an IDS exception as instructed, but the problem wasn't solved at all.

I'm wondering if this is an actual attack. I would appreciate if I could get some ideas about what is going on and how to go about it.

Thank you.

• Administrators

It is necessary to resolve the duplicate IP address issue regardless of whether ESET is installed or not. Are all machines configured to get the IP address from a DHCP server?

Also you have posted as a guest in the Quick question forum which is not intended for discussing issues. Sign up for the forum first and then re-post in the appropriate product forum if communication issues persist after resolving the issue with duplicate IP addresses.