I'm suddenly getting "Threat: HTML/ScrInject.B trojan" only recently after I visited a site that I have used for years

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I've been visiting fmovies for a lot of years. But recently they changed their domain to fmoviesz.to and after that whenever ive tried to open that website this error is showing. How can i bypass this?

download.jpg

• Administrators

Aside from creating an exception or disabling protection and thus risking infection of your system, you can only report the problem to the owner of the website.

How likely is it that this is as they say "a false positive?"
Because let's say that I add an exception to this, would my computer be damaged or maybe hackers will take over it?
Becuase I have used this site a lot of years and this issue came up quite recently.

1 minute ago, RetroRafay said:

Because let's say that I add an exception to this, would my computer be damaged or maybe hackers will take over it?

That is a distinct possibility. Since the web site is infected, creating an exception for the detection is done at your own peril.

Also, let's say that I add an exception to the website. Will ESET remove that virus if it gets in my computer? Or does adding an exception would mean that it has free control over my computer?

Just now, RetroRafay said:

Will ESET remove that virus if it gets in my computer?

Maybe. It all depends if Eset can detect the malware. If its 0-day malware, I would say you will probably be nailed.

• Administrators
  • Solution

It's likely just a piece of adware but still, I would not open it on a production system. Use a virtual machine or at least sandbox if you need to access the site and create an exception.