ESET Blocking From My Laptop Connect To Smart TV

Eric Char

Hi ESET Support.

This is related same subject as we post below. ESET blocking from my laptop when connect to my smart TV. As per advise, I will need to unblock from ESET from my laptop then able to connect. But problem is after sometime, I noticed ESET from my laptop block the same smart tv again.

Is there anyone we can permanently unblock or by create the policy to prevent block again ? Appreciate for your advise what is the best solution. 

Will this be blocked again in future like current ?

BTW, I have many laptops users and do I need to do this action on each computer or from ESET Console ?

• Administrators

Probably the TV initiates the communication, hence a rule needs to be created to allow it. Once you have figured out the correct rule (e.g. via the above mentioned wizard, learning mode, etc.), you can apply it via a policy to all computers in the network.

I can see ESET blocked and I can Unblock. But wanted to have better 1 time solution rather to unblock from each computers which will be time consuming.  

image.png.8c7b41c337036142b201f10075b4ea41.png

• Administrators

You can create a permissive firewall rule for WUDFHost.exe and inbound communication on TCP port 7236 and apply it to all machines via a policy.