No on-charger scan unless battery reaches exactly 100%?

Hi,

I've just installed ESET Mobile Security on Android (still on trial period) and I think I'm having an issue.

I've charged my phone's battery overnight but apparently the antivirus scan wasn't done (according to the logs), even though the "on-charger scan" is/was enabled.

When I unplugged my phone from the charger, the battery was at 97%, so perhaps this was the reason? My phone is Fairphone 4 (using the stock OS that came with the phone) and I think it's common that the battery doesn't charge all the way up to exactly 100%. Is there a way to configure the charging threshold? Or perhaps ESET is willing to lower the threshold to 95% or even 90%?

Ok, but what I'm saying is that since my phone's battery is already a couple of years old, my phone is not capable of charging fully anymore.

Instead, my phone is only able to charge until the battery is at 97% charge; and then it stops charging.

This means that ESET Mobile Security will never run the on-charger scan on my phone.

This also means that if I want my phone to be scanned periodically, then my only option is to do it manually. This is very inconvenient, as you can imagine.

Edited by someplaceguy

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, someplaceguy said:

Ok, but what I'm saying is that since my phone's battery is already a couple of years old, my phone is not capable of charging fully anymore.

Instead, my phone is only able to charge until the battery is at 97% charge; and then it stops charging.

This means that ESET Mobile Security will never run the on-charger scan on my phone.

This also means that if I want my phone to be scanned periodically, then my only option is to do it manually. This is very inconvenient, as you can imagine.

Could a battery setting be stopping the battery fully charging?

5 hours ago, peteyt said:

Could a battery setting be stopping the battery fully charging?

No, I don't think so. I don't see any such option in the battery settings (and even if there were, it would be weird to stop at 97% and not 95% or 90%). I'm using the Android 12 OS that comes with the Fairphone 4, which is practically identical to the stock Android OS, they didn't add any battery features as far as I can tell (the battery menus are very short). There's also no related option in the Developer Options menu. But the "Battery Saver" menu has one option which says "Battery Saver turns off when your phone charges above 90%" and it is enabled, but I don't see why this would negatively affect ESET.

That said, today I experienced a different but related problem. When I woke up, my phone had been able to charge all the way up to 100% (and it was connected to the charger and idle, obviously, since I was sleeping) but ESET still didn't run any scan, according to the logs.

Can anyone confirm that the "On-charger scan" works in Android? By "confirm", I mean look at the "Activity log" and see if a scan was ran automatically when the phone's battery reached 100%.

Thank you.

Edited by someplaceguy