Strange devices on network inspector

Hi,

Today i alerted by eset that some device is connected so when i checked i found these strange devices, is it something to worry about ? If yes what should i do ?

image.thumb.png.03a106c4f81ebd11cb645cf63eb06c56.png

image.thumb.png.e2e20c1c2df8860ed4c0519406319de0.png

I recognize only these devices : iphone, DESKTOP, Asus-PC, realme-8i. Rest all others are unknown. Is it something to worry about ?

Are you using two routers/gateways with one set to pass-through mode?

Next, are you a gamer and have set up pin-hole; i.e. firewall, exceptions on the router for the games you play?

12 hours ago, itman said:

Are you using two routers/gateways with one set to pass-through mode?

Next, are you a gamer and have set up pin-hole; i.e. firewall, exceptions on the router for the games you play?

I am using 1 router and then 1 wifi repeater. I am also using tailscale but that is disconnected and idle. Are the above connections in screenshot malicious ?

8 hours ago, user_12212 said:

I am using 1 router and then 1 wifi repeater.

Referring to your posted screen shots, Network Inspector is showing "Fiber 5GHz" as the device it is scanning. I assume that is the Wi-Fi repeater device and not the router. As such, seeing IP addresses for non-local network connections would be expected.

9 minutes ago, itman said:

Referring to your posted screen shots, Network Inspector is showing "Fiber 5GHz" as the device it is scanning. I assume that is the Wi-Fi repeater device and not the router. As such, seeing IP addresses for non-local network connections would be expected.

Nope, Wifi repeater is 2Ghz_Ext as shown in picture below. Both Fibre 5Ghz and Fibre 2 Ghz are coming from wifi router. I think you might be correct because i just saw tv is also shown in eset network inspector although tv can be only connected to wifi repeater. So i am seeing this weird connections because of wifi repeater ?

image.png.7ab608790464206f37c5a54192ee91a5.png

6 minutes ago, user_12212 said:

So i am seeing this weird connections because of wifi repeater ?

That's my conclusion.

What you can do is disconnect WI-Fi repeater and establish only a direct connection to the router. Then run another Network Inspector scan.

Also note that any Wi-FI based device can be hacked. Therefore, ensure the Wi-Fi repeater has a strong encryption protocol associated with it; preferably WPA3.

2 hours ago, itman said:

That's my conclusion.

What you can do is disconnect WI-Fi repeater and establish only a direct connection to the router. Then run another Network Inspector scan.

Also note that any Wi-FI based device can be hacked. Therefore, ensure the Wi-Fi repeater has a strong encryption protocol associated with it; preferably WPA3.

Gotcha, Thanks