Endpoint Definition Update Issues

slarkins

I have one Windows 10 pc running AV 10.0.245.0. It randomly has issues updating its definitions. Happened last Friday for a while. I did a remote clear update cache and a remote update definition tasks which seem to fix the issue. The same computer tripped same error today. Below is what i get via email regarding the error. Is there anything i can do to permanently fix this?

4/6/2023 12:24:37 PM - During execution of Update on the computer (computername), the following event occurred: Compiler error (1af8).

4/6/2023 12:24:37 PM - During execution of Update on the computer (computername), the following event occurred: Error occurred when applying differential update to base file.

• Administrators

In the past we came across this error when the user profile folder was corrupted. The corruption was accompanied by messages like this in the system event log:

A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume E:. The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector for a check.