ESET installation of FreeNAS 9.2.1 32-bit

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install ESET File security on my FreeNAS server and i encounter a problem when launching it :
Command line : /usr/local/etc/rc.d/esets.sh start
Result :
/var: write failed, filesystem is full
error[4a4d0000]: Error updating Antivirus modules: General compiler error.

Start Antivirus modules update...

/var: write failed, filesystem is full

My problem is : I can't install it into a jail (don't have any free IP address on the network) and i can't find a way to change directories in ESET configurations files.

Can you please help me, i'm stuck right now :'(

Thanks in advance !

Hello Bastien,

ESET File Security will attempt to write logs using the syslog daemon by default. In some systems, the daemon is configured to write these logs to /var/log. To correct this issue, you have three options:

1. Ensure there is enough free space for /var by deleting items or allocating more space.
  2. Adjust the destination for the logs written by the syslog daemon, see the man page for syslogd and the man page for syslog.conf.
  3. Adjust the syslog facility used by File Security and ensure that facility is configured to write to a different location. To do this, please follow the steps below:
    1. Edit the configuration for File Security, located here: /etc/opt/eset/esets/esets.cfg.
    2. Locate the line #syslog_facility = "daemon".
    3. Uncomment the line.
    4. Replace “daemon” with any of the other syslog facilities (the names of the other facilities are two lines above #syslog_facility = "daemon"). For example, syslog_facility = "local0".
    5. Ensure your chosen facility is configured to write to a location other than /var. Please see Step 2 for information about configuring syslog facilities.

Please let me know if this does not work.

Thank you,

ChadH