Green Border Removal

As of today, my browser now has the green border and while it's subtle, it's still annoying to me for whatever reason. I'm aware there's a way to remove said green border, but it doesn't fully remove it, it just fades away after a bit. Can I just permanently remove it all together? I've changed web security settings to see if I can remove it to no avail.

• Administrators

The green border must appear for a few seconds when you start a browser as an indication that the secure browser has been initialized and that you can safely enter sensitive information, e.g. on a bank sites.

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me, I clicked the "hide browser's green frame" and it's still persisting.  The only way to get rid of it is to click the x which is so annoying as its yet another item to click on.  I don't want to see this green box when watching a film in Fullscreen.   Sort it out please as this is very intrusive!!

Since the update, I too am finding the border remains. I understand why it's there but having it show all the time is a bit off-putting. If it did indeed go away after the check was done I'd have no issues, but it doesn't even after clicking the "x". I've scowered the settings but can't find anything to change this. Any advice?

17 hours ago, jelli_tots said:

Since the update, I too am finding the border remains. I understand why it's there but having it show all the time is a bit off-putting. If it did indeed go away after the check was done I'd have no issues, but it doesn't even after clicking the "x". I've scowered the settings but can't find anything to change this. Any advice?

Yeah I'm hoping it is broken. There is no reason for the frame to appear constantly. It can appear 10-30 seconds to let the user know of the status of protection and then it should go away. There is no good reason to constantly have a green border, it looks awful and ruins user interface.

• Marcos locked this topic