Intel Threat Detection and exploration of settings

Go to solution Solved by itman,

I saw in your release info that ESET now supports Intel Threat Detection. I have a 12th Gen Intel CPU which also supports Intel Threat Detection, is there a switch or indicator in ESET that shows the ITD is active? Do I need to make some settings change? 

In my exploration after the update, I did see a setting for Advanced Heuristics/DNA detection that is for some reason off by default, is this something that has a large drawback and therefore is off by default? From the description in your help files it seems like it would be something that would be good to have on, can someone help me understand what this switch does?

• Solution

Ver. 16 ITDT setting is located with Ransomware Shield protection section.

If the setting is missing, it means your PC processor is not an Intel supported processor or not an Intel processor.

image.thumb.png.d63be806df3f310175052b09999c33ef.png

Yeah mine is Family 6 / Model 151 (I7 / 12700K) which looks like it is not supported yet.

Any info on what the setting Advanced Heuristics/DNA detection does and why it is off by default?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kliebor said:

Any info on what the setting Advanced Heuristics/DNA detection does and why it is off by default?

Advanced heuristics performs code emulation that subsequently enables the scanner to match smart DNA/XDNA detections (those that match far more threat variants). It is enabled by default for newly created and modified files as well as for on-execution scan:

image.png

image.png

For more information about DNA/XDNA detections and multilayered ESET LiveSense technology, please read https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/.