Disabling ESET LiveGuard Advanced

Trooper

• ESET Insiders

Hi folks,

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to disable this on an endpoint.  I tried doing it from "Deactivating Products" on the endpoint and selected it.  It took a few minutes and it was gone.  Then a few minutes later it appeared again.  I assume this is because it was selected to be "on" for the policy I have set on a large batch of computers in this container.

So I created a separate container and removed this option from the policy.  Next I deactivated it from the endpoint I want to disable this on.  So far it has stuck.

Is this the best way to do this?  Or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

• ESET Insiders
4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can disable ESET LiveGuard Advanced via a policy here:

image.png

What is the reason for disabling it?

That is pretty much what I did.  However I had to create a new container as all computers have it enabled per my policy applied to that container.  But that would turn it off for everyone which I do not want to do.

Developer machines.  It was sending too many files to the cloud and causing issues when compiling code etc.  Or if they needed to install something the 5 minute wait for it be deemed ok was killing them.

• Administrators

Maybe the policy is overridden by another one. Enforce the setting to ensure that another policy does not override it:

image.png

However, a much better and safer solution would be to exclude the folders that projects are compiled in from submission:

image.png