Learning mode is still bringing up notifications

I was under the impression that learning mode would automatically accept inbound and outbound traffic while it was "learning".  However, notifications keep popping up just like interactive mode.

I don't believe that disabling all notifications should have to be the solution.

Version: 9.1.2051.0

• Administrators

Learning mode creates rules silently. Maybe you have a custom rule created that asks about specific communications.

Interesting note, the PCs where this was occurring had lapsed Learning mode settings and were set to go to Interactive afterwards.  However, the dropdown was still set to Learning, even though it seems to have gone Interactive.

If this is standard for the program, then I'll have to note a post learning mode action to set the drop down to Automatic.

• 3 weeks later...

Still no joy.  After fully uninstalling Eset Endpoint and re-installing notifications went away for a couple of days then started popping up again when a rule "changed".   We develop software and versions of programs are changed regularly.

How do I stop Eset from popping up a notifications in a development environment?

• Administrators

If a firewall rule has a path to a file defined and the path changes (e.g. after an update of the app), the rule is no longer valid. I'd recommend not to use the path to the file for applications that often change the path or you'd need to create a new rule each time the path changes.