Can no longer download *anything* on qbittorrent

Go to solution Solved by Nightowl,

I have been really happy so far with eset except today when I went to download a file. My system was previously using defender.

I have nord VPN latest client installed.

All I ever had to do was turn on nord, connect, then start qbitorrent.

I installed eset, everything is in default mode, everything else seems fine but qbitorrent just stays on "downloading metadata" forever, no matter what file.

I have a LOT of legitimate and huge torrenting, for example from uvisound where they provide their sound libraries that I pay good money for via torrent and this is a dealbreaker if I can no longer have nord and qbitorrent communicating and working together. Right now I am off the VPN not to cause any possible security flags on my eset account here, but 99% of the time the VPN is always on and for web browsing and other applications it hasn't been an issue.

I also tried disabling eset firewall which I really didn't want to do, as windows firewall will NOT re enable when I do this like I expected it to. It only gives me the option to turn on eset firewall again, so basically my system had zero firewall for the 10 minutes I tried this and I got very uncomfortable so I re enabled eset. 

I have absolute NO idea what to do to get this working. But I bought a 2 seat 3 year license and need to know so I can refund immediately if this is a combo that just won't work.

Also why, when I went through all that effort to organise the images in the way OTT capcha above, do I now have to do it all over again with a new set of pics so I can submit my topic?

Edit, I had to do the image captcha a third time to create my account,. 3 times in 5 minutes. You don't think this is a little bit of overkill? I bought ESET to have convenience of an all in one app. If I have to do this every single time I have an issue I certainly find that inconvenient.

Edited by TTOZ
Added line about third captcha

• Most Valued Members
3 minutes ago, TTOZ said:

I have been really happy so far with eset except today when I went to download a file. My system was previously using defender.

I have nord VPN latest client installed.

All I ever had to do was turn on nord, connect, then start qbitorrent.

I installed eset, everything is in default mode, everything else seems fine but qbitorrent just stays on "downloading metadata" forever, no matter what file.

I have a LOT of legitimate and huge torrenting, for example from uvisound where they provide their sound libraries that I pay good money for via torrent and this is a dealbreaker if I can no longer have nord and qbitorrent communicating and working together. Right now I am off the VPN not to cause any possible security flags on my eset account here, but 99% of the time the VPN is always on and for web browsing and other applications it hasn't been an issue.

I also tried disabling eset firewall which I really didn't want to do, as windows firewall will NOT re enable when I do this like I expected it to. It only gives me the option to turn on eset firewall again, so basically my system had zero firewall for the 10 minutes I tried this and I got very uncomfortable so I re enabled eset. 

I have absolute NO idea what to do to get this working. But I bought a 2 seat 3 year license and need to know so I can refund immediately if this is a combo that just won't work.

Also why, when I went through all that effort to organise the images in the way OTT capcha above, do I now have to do it all over again with a new set of pics so I can submit my topic?

Look here https://help.eset.com/essp/15/en-US/idh_wizard_epfw_troubleshooting_type.html

Do you see Qbittorrent in the blocked list?

• Marcos changed the title to Can no longer download *anything* on qbittorrent

Thank you for replying. Oddly no, but I do see some strange stuff that IS blocked there (I would think it's strange).

The firewall is always in automatic mode.

First I just want to say that after my topic, 10 minutes after, it suddenly started working and I am getting full speed downloads in Qbittorrent, so this topic can effectively be closed. I have absolutely no idea what happened but after two system restarts it seems ok.

My recently blocked list is:

NT Kernel and System

SSDP discovery

Unknown Device

The laptop I am on now(!!!)

My modem!

I have no idea whether I should click unblock on any of these since things seem to be working. ESET says it has followed rules to block, "communication denied by rule"

I am clueless honestly whether as to enable anything or not.

• Most Valued Members
  • Solution
29 minutes ago, TTOZ said:

Thank you for replying. Oddly no, but I do see some strange stuff that IS blocked there (I would think it's strange).

The firewall is always in automatic mode.

First I just want to say that after my topic, 10 minutes after, it suddenly started working and I am getting full speed downloads in Qbittorrent, so this topic can effectively be closed. I have absolutely no idea what happened but after two system restarts it seems ok.

My recently blocked list is:

NT Kernel and System

SSDP discovery

Unknown Device

The laptop I am on now(!!!)

My modem!

I have no idea whether I should click unblock on any of these since things seem to be working. ESET says it has followed rules to block, "communication denied by rule"

I am clueless honestly whether as to enable anything or not.

I would just keep them blocked and keep ESET as default , as you are already using it in Automatic mode

If it's working now , then I'm glad it's working :)

About captcha , it's because of your nord , it shows more captcha because you are using the NordVPN , thinking that you are spammer or coming to abuse , because from VPN IPs comes lot of abuse to companies sometimes.

Edited by Nightowl

Ok thanks

That all makes sense now

ESET is very complex under the hood I see, I think I will just leave everything be and let it do its job.

Cheers

• Most Valued Members
Just now, TTOZ said:

Ok thanks

That all makes sense now

ESET is very complex under the hood I see, I think I will just leave everything be and let it do its job.

Cheers

Once you get used to it , it's very compact/light and powerful , and the settings would be found easy after a bit , just need some time to get used to it.

Just now, Nightowl said:

Once you get used to it , it's very compact/light and powerful , and the settings would be found easy after a bit , just need some time to get used to it.

Yes I am used to Malwarebytes which is super simple and I used that in combination with windows firewall control. It was just a lot less clicks to get to firewall rules, for example, and disable or enable programs. But no big deal.

I was actually a bitdefender total user but I had a nightmare scenario where it got stuck in a false positive loop (there was not actually a single infected file on my system) and hosed my entire computer. Support took a week to reply and apologised then took even longer the next time, so I uninstalled, demanded a refund, restored my computer image and have been using MWB ever since without issue. Just that on my new laptop I wanted an "all in one" so chose Eset and will put it on my desktop as well.

I know it probably doesn't matter, but just for the sake of accuracy, the VPN was disabled as noted in my first comment, when I entered the forums. But now the images captcha seems to have stopped, so it seemed I just had to do it cause I was a new user.

I was frustrated when I wrote this topic, sorry to everyone if I came off a bit rude, I really didn't mean it, I just panicked.

Thanks again!

• Most Valued Members
15 minutes ago, TTOZ said:

Yes I am used to Malwarebytes which is super simple and I used that in combination with windows firewall control. It was just a lot less clicks to get to firewall rules, for example, and disable or enable programs. But no big deal.

I was actually a bitdefender total user but I had a nightmare scenario where it got stuck in a false positive loop (there was not actually a single infected file on my system) and hosed my entire computer. Support took a week to reply and apologised then took even longer the next time, so I uninstalled, demanded a refund, restored my computer image and have been using MWB ever since without issue. Just that on my new laptop I wanted an "all in one" so chose Eset and will put it on my desktop as well.

I know it probably doesn't matter, but just for the sake of accuracy, the VPN was disabled as noted in my first comment, when I entered the forums. But now the images captcha seems to have stopped, so it seemed I just had to do it cause I was a new user.

I was frustrated when I wrote this topic, sorry to everyone if I came off a bit rude, I really didn't mean it, I just panicked.

Thanks again!

Not a problem , all is good , and glad you solved your problem.

The captcha should be just about the VPN's IP and could be possible like you said because you have registered new.

ESET is light on resources and with minimum false positives while having a strong protection.