win64/coinminer.afz

B69

Hallo,

I am not a computer expert but : 

I've been experiencing a notification via ESET for the past few months.

Win64/Coinminer.afz. ( Trojan horse) Object spoolsv.exe.

After the message, shut down the computer and start up again. How can I get rid of / fix this?

• Administrators

It appears that you have excluded the process C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe in which the malware was detected. This exclusion must be removed.

Is the threat detected after removing the process exclusion, disconnecting the machine from network and rebooting the machine?

Marcos,

we have performed the above unfortunately this does not have the desired result.

Machine keeps seeing the coinminer and restarting .

See Log File

Also we did a boot with rescue disk Eset, with deep scan

Does not find anything  at all.

What to do?

eea_logs.zip

Copy the the Eset Detections log entry related to this coin miner detection and post it in your next reply.

I, for one, am not convinced the spoolsv.exe process being abused here is the one resident in C:\Windows\System32\ directory.

I will also ask if your Win OS version is fully patched?

Hackers Exploiting Recently Reported Windows Print Spooler Vulnerability in the Wild

A security flaw in the Windows Print Spooler component that was patched by Microsoft in February is being actively exploited in the wild, the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) has warned.

To that end, the agency has added the shortcoming to its Known Exploited Vulnerabilities Catalog, requiring Federal Civilian Executive Branch (FCEB) agencies to address the issues by May 10, 2022.

Tracked as CVE-2022-22718 (CVSS score: 7.8), the security vulnerability is one among the four privilege escalation flaws in the Print Spooler that Microsoft resolved as part of its Patch Tuesday updates on February 8, 2022.

https://thehackernews.com/2022/04/hackers-exploiting-recently-reported.html

Edited by itman