Enpoint Security for Android - Remote update failed

eclipse79

Hello

I have tried to remotely update Enpoint Security for Android (some clients has an obsolete app). It fails. I think that the cause is the "Block unknown sources" that I enabled in the policy. In Android settings I enabled ESET as unknown source for app installation.

So I think I need to manually add an exception in policy, for this reason I need the app id for Eset Endpoint Security. Does anyone knows it?

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hi there,

are we talking about "device owner" enrollment type? If so, there is a known bug in version 3.0 which has been fixed in currently released Endpoint Security for Android v3.1.

If it's a regular enrollment type we will need you to export logs from the application after successfully replicating the problem and a more detailed description of your problem.

Regards,

Robert

Edited by Robert Lukac

2 minutes ago, Robert Lukac said:

Hi there,

are we talking about "device owner" enrollment type? If so, there is a known bug in version 3.0 which has been fixed in currently released Endpoint Security for Android v3.1.

If it's a regular enrollment type we will need you export logs from the application after successfully replicating the problem and a more detailed description of your problem.

Regards,

Robert

Thank you for your reply.

In the Eset cloud dashboard, I saw that some android clients were identified as obsolete. I tried to upgrade them using a task, but the client did not successfully upgraded to latest version. I needed to manually upgrade them...

• ESET Staff

Hi there,

update via a SW install task is only possible in device owner type of enrollment. For a regular enrollment the update needs to be confirmed manually on the mobile device.

Regards,

Robert