Jump to content

Endpoint Security version upgrace


JCUA
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have several clients that are at different endpoint versions, 7.3.2039, 8.1.2031 and 8.1.2037.2.  I am trying to upgrade to v. 9.0.2032.2.  Most of the client upgrade with no issues but several will not upgrade from the version they are currently using.  Has anyone had this issue and found a resolution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

1, In order to upgrade v7 to a newer version, you must send a software install task with the desired installer selected from the repository.

2, Older v8 can be automatically upgraded to the latest v8.1.2037 provided that you enabled program auto-updates in the update setup. In order to upgrade them to v9, either wait for an automatic program update to become available or send a software install task with v9 installer selected from the repository (will require a computer restart after upgrade).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I am experiencing the same thing here as JCUA. Most upgrades from 7.3.x or 8.1 to version 9 are going fine, but we have had several fail, and leave the machine with NO antivirus protection at all.  Another one failed this morning (sent an upgrade task to update 8.1 to 9 and it failed - and has so far taken me over two hours to troubleshoot with the user. Seems I am not alone with these issues. 

This is causing a HUGE problem for us as everyone is working remotely and the only way to resolve it is to literally work with the user to get them to restart in Safe Mode and run the esetuninstaller tool and remove whatever it finds, then reboot and install from scratch. This process comes with many challenges including the user has no local admin rights, system won't boot into Safe mode with Networking so we have no remote access or ability to screenshare, and now machines are even getting caught in a Safe Mode reboot loop as they can't change the setting in msconfig to boot into normal mode. This is a complete mess and I am afraid to upgrade anyone else to version 9.

To be clear we had had ESET since version 5, and this has never happened to us, these upgrades only started happening to us with upgrading endpoints to version 9. Looks like it's not ready for prime time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Please answer my questions above. Also is it agent upgrade which is failing when you send a component upgrade task or Endpoint failing after sending a software install task?

Endpoint can be upgraded fully automatically by enabling auto-updates via a policy; this type of update is less prone to issues caused by Windows installer when installing an msi on top of the existing version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

no the Agent upgrades are going fine. Endpoint is failing when upgrading via software install task. This only started happening with version 9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
27 minutes ago, MarkR said:

This only started happening with version 9

As I wrote in another topic where you posted, the issue is most likely caused by mixing installation methods. You wrote that Endpoint was initially installed via Ivanti and then upgraded via a software install task.

Mixing installation methods causes registry keys/values important for upgrade to be missing. ESET's installers contain an installation fixer which can fix such problems, however, we have found out that it doesn't work with uPCU updates introduced with v8.

We recommend using a software install task to deploy Endpoint and also to upgrade it to newer versions if you prefer manual upgrade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...