Attempt to install ESET Server Security fails with "An internal error occurred. Please try again to start installation again."

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi, I get this error message:

Internal error
An internal error occurred. Please try again to start installation again.

I am attempting to install ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server using an installer created in ESET Protect Cloud.  This downloads the file epi_win_live_installer.exe.  When I run it, (run as administrator) it shows the Install Components screen as expected.  But after clicking the Continue button, it shows the error.  See the attached screenshots.

I am installing on an Azure VM running Windows Server 2019 with roles AD DS, DNS, and File and Storage Services.

I've searched Google and ESET Forums, but haven't found any advice other than try to create a new installer package, download again, run it again.  Is there anything else I can do to find the source of the problem?

Thanks

InternalError01.png

InternalError02.png

• Administrators
  • Solution

Could you use the msi installer? Probably you have RDS Services installed and the current EPI installer is failing to install due to a bug.

Hi Marcos, thanks for the reply.

I found the ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server installer (efsw_nt64.msi).

We are managing with ESET Protect Cloud.  And licensing with 3AP-KFS-A7C EPC

Is there an installer for the Management Agent?

OK, that works!

I created a Live Installer package that only included the Management Agent.  And that installed on the Azure VM with no problems and checked into our Cloud Manager.

Then I ran the efsw_nt64.msi installer.

I was able to apply the license from the cloud.  

All is well, thanks!