Eset Gui Proxy

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello,

I have been using eset for quite a while but yesterday when I started my computer the eset app started a product update like usual but the problem is that even if the update is complete, in the system tray the eset app icon is showing it is still updating and in the taskmanager eset proxy gui proxy is continuously running.

Screenshot (293).png

Edited by peyepi8

• Administrators
  • Solution

Egui_proxy.exe is supposed to be always running. As for the icon showing update in progress, open the main gui and check if update is actually running. If not, its most likely a visual bug which will be fixed in v15 soon.

• ESET Insiders
On 9/18/2021 at 5:12 PM, Marcos said:

Egui_proxy.exe soll immer laufen. Was das Symbol betrifft, das das laufende Update anzeigt, öffnen Sie die Haupt-GUI und überprüfen Sie, ob das Update tatsächlich ausgeführt wird. Wenn nicht, ist es höchstwahrscheinlich ein visueller Fehler, der bald in v15 behoben wird.

What's the point, there are postings here about where it is also written by your colleague that it is an Eset error and not just a visual error!                             @peyepi8, don't really trust Eset at the moment, is just a little tip

• Administrators
On 9/18/2021 at 6:02 PM, peyepi8 said:

Thanks for the quick reply and yeah I checked in the main gui and the update was not running, hopefully it will get fixed in v15.

That confirms it's just a visual bug if update is not running in the main gui. Will be fixed in v15 soon.