An error occurred during activation

Just to add to this. I found out that the error is apparently due to an overuse of the license even though it's currently only active on two devices right now and I have no idea how to manage/remove obsolete activations (if their are any). Any advice?

2 minutes ago, VanillaHaze said:

I found out that the error is apparently due to an overuse of the license even though it's currently only active on two devices right now and I have no idea how to manage/remove obsolete activations (if their are any). Any advice?

Refer to this Eset KB article: https://help.eset.com/my_eset/en-US/overused_license.html

2 minutes ago, itman said:

You posted this in the wrong forum section.

Oh yeah I see that now, there's a separate section for Mac customers. I will post there instead?

• Administrators

I was unable to find any license registered to your forum email address. Please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

42 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I was unable to find any license registered to your forum email address. Please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX.

I was given a username (and a password) which is: EAV-0135255843. No idea where I'm supposed to login with this though?

I just tried setting up a myeset account and it said my activation key is linked to another account? Which is odd as cannot recollect setting one up in the past. 

As for public ID, I can't see one here. It just username, password and license key. I'm stuck. Should I PM you the license key if it helps?

Edited by VanillaHaze

Just to add: or is there a way to find out what email is synced to myset if it makes it easier?

Thanks

Edit: OK wait I found it: 33B-2S3-3AK. Apologies for the confusion!

Edited by VanillaHaze

45 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Are you positive that your email address is XX@diXXXXXXXXXXXit.com ?

Is that synced to the myeset account? That shouldn’t be what’s synced to the myeset account it should be a personal account. Is there anyway you can indicate what email is linked to the myeset using my activation key? 

Edited by VanillaHaze

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, VanillaHaze said:

Is that synced to the myeset account?

Yes, the MEC account email address is XX@diXXXXXXXXXXXit.com and this is the person who purchased the license in question.

OK, I found out that belongs to the IT guy that setup the subscription. I guess i’ll get him to sort it. Shame I don’t even have control over my own local myeset account here though.