Unable to install ESET Internet Security on ubuntu 20.04 system

I just purchased a 2-year contract for the ESET Internet Security software for use on my (3) unbuntu 20.04 systems, but have had difficulty in the installation. First I had to find the web page where I could download the installation executable by searching the website (found it at: https://www.eset.com/us/home/antivirus-linux/download/) whereas download links were provided directly from the application for Windows, Mac and Android - not sure why Linux wasn't included there. After running the executable and restarting the system, it prompts for my username and password for updating the virus signature database and it gives me an error on my username/password. I tried using both my email address and the username that was specified in the email I received after purchasing it, and the password I used was what I used to register with (which I know is valid for logging into my account online), so I'm not sure what I should be using for these values. How do I resolve this?

• Administrators

The ESET Internet Security license is intended for EIS for Windows. While it currently also allows to use the legacy version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop, this will change in 1-2 years. If you don't plan to use ESET Internet Security for Windows and want to use ESET on 3 Linux systems, I'd recommend contacting your license seller and arrange a conversion of the license from EIS to ESET NOD32 for Linux desktop. This will enable you to use a replacement product when the legacy version reaches EOL next year.

Until then, you can use the username and password which I'm gonna provide in a private message to update the legacy version.