New license manager online broken

MarcFL
Go to solution Solved by MarcFL,

BUG in new license manager online:
my.eset.com/licenses

The new license manager does not work properly!
When you open a license and view the devices they now ALL say:
Not active for more than 2 weeks
Not connected
Not active

Before your change in the license manager, this worked properly.

Please report this bug so it can be fixed. Thank You.

Hello MarcFL, I have to say I have noticed the same bug in licence manager, that happened right after my eset.som portal was updated at 21st of this month. Before the update everything was working well. I hope they will fix this bug soon. At least I know that I'm not only one with the same problem.

With best regards MTPP

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

I checked it with a colleague and he recommended to

1. enable the Anti-theft so the product starts to communicate with the my.eset.com

2. try it with the latest 14.1 version (now available on pre-release update channel, should be available very soon for general public)

If those two does not help, please open a ticket directly from the portal for our tech support guys to check it.

Peter

I don't have anti-theft. I have several online accounts and they all have the same bug.  The new license manager is broken and needs repair.   It should never have been rolled out without proper testing.  I submitted a ticket.  The reply was:  Please be assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate parties and formally noted for further review.

Edited by MarcFL

You need remove current devices and add them again. 
Remove devices in myESET.
In App on Windows login to myESET and set name for this device. 
Done.

Same is for mobile device. 

Thanks.  I tried it on one my accounts and stills says "not connected".

Eset NOD32 v.14.1.19 update was just released and is prompting to install.  
The release notes say:
Added: support for device association with myESET
Hopefully it will be fixed once I update.

Edited by MarcFL

• Solution

Updating Eset NOD32 to the new version 14.1.19  fixes this issue.  You will be prompted to login to your license manager account by Eset NOD32 in Windows after the update is installed and you reboot.

Why fix what wasn't broken?

Prior to the "update" all my devices were visible there with their corresponding license.  Now I have to wrestle the devices  from my family and re-register them.  Why?

Token engine was changed and new pair need to generated. Otherwise previous registered apps/devices will be `NOT SEEN` in myESET and their status will be misleading. 

Removing all them from myESET (devices, not licenses!) and pair them again in app via login to myESET in App fix issue. 

Sadly Devs does not inform people about this steps for properly myESET work. 

• ESET Moderators
13 hours ago, MarcFL said:

Updating Eset NOD32 to the new version 14.1.19  fixes this issue.  You will be prompted to login to your license manager account by Eset NOD32 in Windows after the update is installed and you reboot.

Glad to hear that, thank you for trying it and sharing the resolution with us.

Peter

Yes, but if you login to the web portal, all of your devices are there but shown as, "not connected."

Wouldn't it be easier for the customer to re-activate the device from the web portal?

I didn't disconnect the device - ESET did.

14 hours ago, Scupper 1 said:

Why fix what wasn't broken?

Prior to the "update" all my devices were visible there with their corresponding license.  Now I have to wrestle the devices  from my family and re-register them.  Why?

Agreed.  Poor decision.   But it's done.