Hi guys. I discovered that my network name changed by itselff ,I am 100% sure I didn't changed its name into lan. 😀Maybe I clicked on something in the setup or something else I don't know.Help please🙏 how did this happen? 

nett.png.82d6da3ec65ec2de4ec3d9b1e0c89b34.png

In Eset GUI firewall settings, mouse click on "Edit" for Known Networks setting per the below screen. This will show all network connections set up in Eset. Post a screen shot of what is shown.

Normally, there should be only one connection shown in Known Networks which is associated with your network adapter. The network name assigned by Eset is normally the connection-specific DNS suffix assigned by your ISP during DHCP initialization at system startup time. Eset assignment of a "LAN" network name indicates to me you might have an ISP issue in regards to DHCP processing, or there is an issue with your router forwarding the correct DNS suffix.

Eset_Networks.thumb.png.b3416c9e489416a39bbfcc1b0bb46d34.png

Edited by itman

7 hours ago, itman said:

In Eset GUI firewall settings, mouse click on "Edit" for Known Networks setting per the below screen. This will show all network connections set up in Eset. Post a screen shot of what is shown.

Normally, there should be only one connection shown in Known Networks which is associated with your network adapter. The network name assigned by Eset is normally the connection-specific DNS suffix assigned by your ISP during DHCP initialization at system startup time. Eset assignment of a "LAN" network name indicates to me you might have an ISP issue in regards to DHCP processing, or there is an issue with your router forwarding the correct DNS suffix.

Eset_Networks.thumb.png.b3416c9e489416a39bbfcc1b0bb46d34.png

from advanced setup to firewall >>known networks I clicked on Edit ,this is the screen, but can you explain what does that mean in a simple way because I didn't understand  ( Eset assignment of a "LAN" network name indicates to me you might have an ISP issue in regards to DHCP processing, or there is an issue with your router forwarding the correct DNS suffix.)

960554443_advancedsetup.thumb.png.3271cc255a653f38929179690b44a79e.png

Based on your posted screen shot, "lan" network does not exist.

Repeat the same Eset GUI access process but this time, mouse click on "Connected Networks" and post a screen shot of what is displayed:

Eset_Connected.thumb.png.4192013730a5792c976e73b890b40c69.png

1 hour ago, itman said:

Based on your posted screen shot, "lan" network does not exist.

Repeat the same Eset GUI access process but this time, mouse click on "Connected Networks" and post a screen shot of what is displayed:

Eset_Connected.thumb.png.4192013730a5792c976e73b890b40c69.png

There is no "lan " because I erased it and re-write the name of my network (JiaxiLufeng),so  instead of JiaxiLufeng yesterday there was lan .

no.thumb.jpg.8151f1c32a9fea5eeb357270fb19e1cf.jpg

but I don't know if this will help you figure out the problem, there is here a "lan" that I didn't change it .

noo.thumb.jpg.8bf2a49d2cdf716de26143db1ba66074.jpg

no.jpg

no.jpg

3 hours ago, Nomidia said:

but I don't know if this will help you figure out the problem, there is here a "lan" that I didn't change it .

Eset populates the DNS suffix with whatever is established for connection-specific DNS suffix value established by DHCP initialization as I posted previously. You can determine the current connection-specific DNS suffix value by opening a command prompt window and entering the following:

ipconfig /all

Under each network adapter connection section in the display, note the value shown for connection-specific DNS suffix value :

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : xxxlocal.net
   Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
   Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Above is shown DNS suffix assigned via my router and ISP for my Ethernet network connection.

Note that the "lan" value you are observing is being assigned the same way. Eset is only populating its corresponding network connection fields with data received from your router/ISP.

Edited by itman