MacOS Big Sur and firewall

Dear Eset,

there is no firewall working on Big Sur. This page provides details: https://support.eset.com/en/news7604-eset-support-of-macos-11-big-sur

First firewall was promised in December 2020. Then in January. Now you changed it to March 2021.

I just wanted to ask. Is this a joke, or real date? When will Eset have working firewall on Big Sur? Are you gonna move it to June 2029 next time, or....?

• Administrators

We are about to provide a beta version with full functionality on Big Sur in the following days. As per the cited KB, the final release is scheduled for March.

I agree, it has been frustrating to keep pushing my Mac users back a month at a time, to now see the date for Firewall support in ESET Endpoint Security has been pushed back to March by ESET! Many of them are itching to upgrade to Big Sur.

As a non-Mac user myself, I'm now left trying to decide whether to let my Mac users now upgrade to Big Sur without Firewall, or make them wait even longer to install Big Sur until Firewall is released by ESET. Would be interested to hear what others are planning to do now with this latest news... 

Also interested to hear about the beta too...

• Administrators
On 1/31/2021 at 9:03 PM, Mato7387383 said:

Thanks Marcos. Could you please provide me some info, where the beta will be available?

Endpoint beta is already available. If you want to test it, we can generate a trial license for you. You would have to temporarily uninstall ECSP prior to installing the beta and uninstall the beta once a final version of ECSP has been released.

• 1 month later...

Hi - is the updated version (not the Beta version) available yet, or is there a scheduled release date please? I have been waiting for months to upgrade to Big Sur but am now wondering if I might be better off changing my antivirus programme. It would be good to know if there is an end point in sight. Many thanks

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Home User said:

Hi - is the updated version (not the Beta version) available yet, or is there a scheduled release date please? I have been waiting for months to upgrade to Big Sur but am now wondering if I might be better off changing my antivirus programme. It would be good to know if there is an end point in sight. Many thanks

The latest version of ECS/ECSP 6.10.600.0 fully supports Big Sur 11.2.

Thanks very much for this Marcos. As a non-tech person does this mean that I will have the same level (or better) of firewall cover as I have with Catalina? Apologies if this appears an obvious thing but I was advised not to upgrade to Big Sur without the missing firewall protection. Tia