Firewall Profile Switching in Eset Endpoint security for OS X 6.10.300.1

steingat

Equipment: Macbook Air running Catalina and 6.10.300.1 with USB network adapters/docking stations

We have a firewall profile called WORK.  I have set the activators on this profile to be based on subnet.  I have also tried IP range.  If the USB network adapter is plugged in on restart or boot everything works fine and the correct profile, WORK is selected.  If the network adapter is plugged into the machine after the machine is booted, then all we get is ??? for what profile has been selected and the profile seems to default to PUBLIC.

For our application, setting the network profile by interface name is not workable as we do not want certain firewall setting to be enabled if they say go home and connect to their home network.

Is there any solution to this other then to reboot the machine?  We have had this issue with Macs since we started using Eset on macs 2 years ago so this is not something new with the latest version.  However, we plan on deploying more then just a hand ful at this point.

• Administrators

Could you please elaborate more on what you mean by "all we get is ??? for what profile has been selected" ? If possible, please post a screen shot for clarification.

Ya, Sure.  One more item of information, If I run into this, I have also found that I can unplug the network cable and then plug in the network cable during the same boot provided that I do not switch networks and it seems to pick up on the correct profile.

Note, All 4 images below are referring to the "USB 10/100/1000 LAN" interface

Image1 - computer did not have USB NIC plugged in on boot, USB Nic was plugged in after logging into MacOS

Image2 - Unplugged network cable, plugged network cable back in, on the same network as image1 (Work)

Image3  - Unplugged network cable, plugged network cable back in On a different network then image 1, should be public

Image4 - Unplugged network cable, plugged network cable back in, Same network as Image3, should be public

Image1.PNG

Image2.PNG

Image3.PNG

Image4.PNG