ESMC 7.2 breaks after Windows Server 2019 Updates

After Windows Update, the login screen no loads and comes up with can't reach site. I checked services and everything is running but for some reason it no longer works unless I reinstall ESMC 7.2 again.

Windows Updates https://ibb.co/f4VDLDd

• ESET Staff

Could you please double-check that Apache Tomcat service is running, and that Java is configured properly? In case of Java update, tomcat might require configuration changes to be adapted - as most probable reason why not even login screen is not loaded is missing or missconfigured Java.

• 3 weeks later...

I FIXED IT....

Okay so i had the same issue....i went to update Java as this seems to be the mail cause of the problem. I could not update my Java as i was already on the latest version as i already had the latest version of java preinstalled.

I went and installed an offline installer of Java 8 Update 181 then rebooted the server and still it didn't work,

I went to the run window and typed in Services.msc and went to the tomcat service and saw that it was off... i tried to restart the service but it kept crashing.

I then went to the directory to where it is installed C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\apache-tomcat-9.0.35\bin and then clicked on the tomcat9w file in there. there i tried to force start the service and still nothing, but then i noticed a Java tab, so i then went to the Java tab.

the first line shows a java directory.

I redirected the directory from the java 8 update 279 to the java 8 update 181 so depending on what java version you have installed, this is the path you will need to follow.

so my path WAS C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_279\bin\server\jvm.dll

and is now C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin\server\jvm.dll

i rebooted the server 2019 and opened up the Eset management center. and all is working 100%

i then went to control panel -> Java->Update Tab ->and then disabled updates to java to stop it from happening again

Hope this helps someone in the future

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                           Kevin G

You'll have to do this after every java update I'm afraid. Your steps are spot on, except you don't need any reboots. if Tomcat isn't running you just go into tomcat9w as you rightly say, then update the java path, then start tomcat service. I had to do it again on Monday.