Versions

rgoldman

Whats the best method to have ESET not prompt clients about outdated versions? For example I had one client asking me about the AV going out of support and it was only 1 or 2 minor versions behind. As quick as you release version updates this shouldn't happen. I know of Endpoints (not managed by me) that have version 4 and 5 in use and still receive definition updates etc. There should be a better method of receiving program updates. For example, if you run a program/version update, Windows prompts no AV installed etc until reboot. And as I said as quick as you're releasing program updates it's already outdated before it reboots. Just my thoughts.

• Administrators

Please make sure that you have Endpoint 7.3 installed (ideally the latest v7.3.2041). Due to substantial changes in Windows 10 21H1 Update that is going to be released in H1/2021, any older version than v7.3 will stop working. This is the main reason why even Endpoint 7.2 must be updated to v7.3 on Windows 10.

As of ESMC 7.4 and Endpoint v8, we are going to update Endpoint via so-called micro PCU updated automatically like we've been doing it with consumer products since v10. In managed environments administrators will just need to approve the upgrade from the legal point of view.