eguiProxy.exe running ? Whats is that ?

Hello,

im still using ESET Internet Security on my Windows 10 Home PC and i saw a process "eguiProxy.exe" that is there all the time in TaskMgr. I maybe was blind before but ive never seen that process until today. I have my normal "egui.exe" running when i open ESET and always "ekrn.exe" which is the ESET Service. But "eguiProxy.exe" is new for me.

Am i blind and was it there all the time or is this new ? And what does that mean thats confusing for me because i dont use a proxy and i never have been. I dont know a lot about that stuff would be awesome if u can give me some information :) Let me take a  guess too.. its for the tray icon at the bottom right and it completely normal ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Computerjul

• Administrators

While you probably know "proxy server" as a kind of hub through which Internet requests are processed, this has nothing to do with network communication. Basically Egui_proxy is the icon in the system tray and its purpose is to provide basic UI functionality and open the main UI (egui.exe). Among other benefits it saves several megabytes of memory since egui doesn't have to run all the time.

16 minutes ago, Marcos said:

While you probably know "proxy server" as a kind of hub through which Internet requests are processed, this has nothing to do with network communication. Basically Egui_proxy is the icon in the system tray and its purpose is to provide basic UI functionality and open the main UI (egui.exe). Among other benefits it saves several megabytes of memory since egui doesn't have to run all the time.

Thank you very much. Also everytime i ask a question here on forum it is anwered by a experienced member or a Administrator/Moderator within few minutes. This is awesome keep it up never seen that in any other forum.