ESET v7.3.2039.0 locks up after a period of time

CWBuddha

I'm running the following products from ESMC console. After startup and sometime has passed ESET goes into a update state, network connectivity and any program lauched after this point locks up and can only be reset by a hard reset (even regular restart won't break out of this loop). When the product first boots updating works fine and everything operates as normal. This update and lock behavior usually occurs after the system is up a few hours.

Any troubleshooting ideas are appreciated. I have uninstalled any suspect programs, repaired Windows 10 version 2004, and I can't figure this out.

ESET Management Agent 7.0.577.0

ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.3.2039.0

Thanks very much for this information. I am set for the manual dump, and I am familiar with windows debugger too. My company prohibits we from publicly sharing crash-dumps or sysinspector dumps. Would it be possible for you to provide me with the analysis steps you would conduct so I can try to analyze the root cause without sharing the dump and then share the results with you?

I really appreciate it! 

Thanks!

Buddha.

• Administrators

Unfortunately it's not possible. Dumps can be analyzed only by our developers. Maybe you could try to reproduce it on a vm with a vanilla OS; I assume that sharing such dump should be possible.

Understood. Unfortunately I believe the issue maybe specific to this particular system and can’t be reproduced on another system. I’ll try to analyze it myself, can you at least give me a general idea. I’m considering removing ESET altogether as it’s causing 2-3 lockup’s a day. It seems to go into an update of some type then locks up networking and running programs.

• 2 months later...

Since upgrading Eset Endpoint Security on my PC to version 7.3 a few days ago I experienced already two crashes related to memory management. The system was running stable before since more than 1.5 years.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, Olaf said:

Since upgrading Eset Endpoint Security on my PC to version 7.3 a few days ago I experienced already two crashes related to memory management. The system was running stable before since more than 1.5 years.

Please generate a complete memory dump from point when the system freezes as per the instructions at https://support.eset.com/en/kb380. When done, compress it, upload it to a safe location along with logs collected with ESET Log Collector and drop me a private message with download links.

What operating system is there?

It's Windows 10 2004, 64 Bit. (32 GB memory, so a dump would be a bit troublesome.) Selfbuilt hardware. Unfortunately I will be away from home for the next 3 weeks approximately, so no crash chances for the next future.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Edited by Olaf