Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Milan98

ESET Internet security and windows defender

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone, i have annoying notification every time i start my pc: Windows Defender and ESET are both turned off. Here is the deal, ESET is not turned off, windows defender is turned off because i dont like 2 AV at same time and Defender is bad. I disabled it through group policy on my pc yet it always show this notification. I saw other people had problem with firewalls from both AV, and i dont have that problem, just this. Any suggestions ? Should i worry about it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Eset when installed, auto disables Windows Defender.

One possibility is your Group Policy setting to disable WD is interfering with Eset properly registering itself in Windows Security Center, and letting Win 10 know Eset is the active real-time protection solution.

Edited by itman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, itman said:

Eset when installed, auto disables Windows Defender.

One possibility is your Group Policy setting to disable WD is interfering with Eset properly registering itself in Windows Security Center, and letting Win 10 know Eset is the active real-time protection solution.

Okay, i will try to enable it through group policy then, and see what happens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Milan98 said:

Okay, i will try to enable it through group policy then, and see what happens

Leave the GP unconfigured , ESET should be able to close Defender and replace it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Nightowl said:

Leave the GP unconfigured , ESET should be able to close Defender and replace it.

Yep, works now, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...