Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matias86

ESET Online Scanner doesn't work (error 101)

Hello!

Why ESET Online Scanner can't update the virus signature database? An error (error 101) occured when downloading. Please see the screenshot. My OS is Windows XP SP3.EOS_Error.jpg.20bc29a1c104d466dccbeaf6951557aa.jpg

It appears that you are running an old and unsupported version of ESET Online Scanner.

The current version looks very different as you can see below. I've asked developers if it's still supposed to run on Windows XP because it doesn't seem to.

image.png

This version of ESET Online Scanner worked fine until last week. Unfortunately, the current version doesn't run on Windows XP.

Might be related to the infamous issue with ekrn in old versions not being able to load dlls. It will be necessary to use the latest version, however, currently it doesn't seem to work on Windows XP, at least not for me.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

It will be necessary to use the latest version, however, currently it doesn't seem to work on Windows XP

Will the latest version of ESET Online Scanner support XP in the future?

2 hours ago, Matias86 said:

Most probably yes , if you are in urge of a scan you could download the trial version of ESET and make a scan through it but that will require an installation of the product for sure.

It was confirmed that the ESET Online Scanner doesn't support Windows XP.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

It was confirmed that the ESET Online Scanner doesn't support Windows XP.

This is a very sad news.

How can I uninstall the old (and useless) version of the ESET Online Scanner from my XP system? Is it enough to use Add/Remove Programs feature?

1 hour ago, Matias86 said:

How can I uninstall the old (and useless) version of the ESET Online Scanner from my XP system? Is it enough to use Add/Remove Programs feature?

Probably yes , but as I remember it doesn't install on the system

But you can replace it with the product itself.

The old version of the ESET Online Scanner was installed in %programfles%/ESET folder. I used Add/Remove Programs to uninstall it. After uninstallation was completed I deleted this folder. I decided to use Dr.Web Cureit instead of the ESET Online Scanner on my WinXP machine. I don't want to install full version of the ESET product, because I have Avira Free Antivirus. I will contunue to use the current version of the ESET Online Scanner on my Windows 7 machine.