KB3544 Installation Fixer

deszynda

I would like to fix issue "Installation failed with: (0x643)" with Installation Fixer https://support.eset.com/en/kb3544-how-do-i-use-eset-installation-fixer#i2 Missing MSI Registry. I follow steps written in instruction but running Fixer always ends with error:

InstFix.exe - ESET Installation Fixer 1.5.0.0
Copyright (c) ESET, spol. s r.o. 1992-2014. All rights reserved.

Fixing Missing MSI Registry ...
Product lookup ...
info: Found product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.2.2055.0
fatal error: Failed to locate the Installer package in the MSI cache.
C:\Windows\Temp\ESETInstallationFixer_64.exe exited on <computername> with error code 4.

I'm copying correct file eea_nt64.msi into C:\Windows\Installer folder but it is failing to locate package. Please verify if it is correct location or file name.

According to the following, it appears the .msi installer name specified is wrong:

For remote installations, parameters are selected during the process of configuring installation packages – selected parameters are then applied automatically on target clients.

The additional parameters for ESET Endpoint Security and ESET Endpoint Antivirus can be also typed after the name of the .msi installation package (e.g., eea_nt64_ENU.msi /qn) in case of executing the remote installation via command line interface of the hosting operating system

https://help.eset.com/era/53/en-US/idh_ra_remoteinst_commandline.html

It appears that XXX in eea_nt64_XXX.msi installation package name specifies the three character language code abbreviation.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, Marcos said:

Have you tried running the Uninstall tool in safe mode (https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool) and then installing the latest version of ESET from scratch?

Yes. It is working. The problem is that it always requires to ask for a Team Viewer connection and for a free time of a user. I'm not able to do it on a users computer, just remotly. I thought that I can resolve it directly with Installation Fixer.

On 2/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, itman said:

It appears that XXX in eea_nt64_XXX.msi installation package name specifies the three character language code abbreviation.

Thank you for directions. As I see in ESET repository - language abbreviation was removed with version 7.0 and newer. It was in the file name till version 6.6. I tried to add this three letters but it didn't help. Still the same issue: fatal error: Failed to locate the Installer package in the MSI cache.

Maybe someone can review this ESETInstallationFixer_64.exe file and find what should be correct msi file location or file name.

• Administrators

Customer care could provide you with the desired installer on request in case it's been removed from c:\windows\installer and using the uninstall tool is not an option.