Google apps sync complaining about ESET

pstoric

I have an office with about 100 users that use both ESET endpoint 7.x and the Gsuite sync tool. This past week a bunch of users kept receiving the error below so I wanted to post here to see if other have had the same experience. I really don't want to disable the ESET outlook add-in for security reasons.

Dear G Suite Sync user,

G Suite Sync has scanned your Microsoft Outlook® profile and detected some add-ins that could cause synchronization problems:

• ESET Outlook Add-in

Please be advised that the listed add-ins should not be used in conjunction with G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook®, as we have received reports of synchronization issues when they are used together.

Learn how to disable add-ins.

The G Suite Sync Team

• Administrators

We expect a revamped Outlook plug-in to solve various incompatibility issues, including this one, however, it won't be ready sooner than in Endpoint 7.3. Currently there is no ETA yet.

If you receive email through IMAP(S) or POP3(S) and don't leverage antispam, you can temporarily disable integration with Outlook.

Had this same thing come up on our fleet.  It is causing sync issues.  Some email will come through, some wont, then some all at once after long periods of no email.

Disabling the plugin corrects all sync issues for now.  They can also access their email using the gmail site directly, so there is not a huge reason to disable the plugin.

Hi, in this post, you were talking of the version 7.3 of ESET, but I just install version 13.0.24 (very latest) on a brand new computer, with Office 2010, and as soon as installed ESET, I got the G Suite Sync email, saying the exact same "ESET Outlook Add-in" problem. Why version 13.0.24 have the same problem as with version 7??

Thanks  

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, AndreT said:

Hi, in this post, you were talking of the version 7.3 of ESET, but I just install version 13.0.24 (very latest) on a brand new computer, with Office 2010, and as soon as installed ESET, I got the G Suite Sync email, saying the exact same "ESET Outlook Add-in" problem. Why version 13.0.24 have the same problem as with version 7??

The latest version of Endpoint is v7.2 while current product for home users are version 13.0.24.

ok... lets say I didn't express myself correctly... The original post was in 2015. Now, in 2020, we still have the same error message, whatever version/program of ESET. Why is there still this "plug-in" error message??

Andre

• Administrators
12 hours ago, AndreT said:

we still have the same error message, whatever version/program of ESET. Why is there still this "plug-in" error message??

Currently the plug-in writes to scanned messages to keep track of what has been scanned which creates the issue. The new plug-in will work differently and is currently planned to be included in Endpoint 7.3.

Actually (today, 2020, 02, 03) I'm facing the same problem with a customer installation.It is not a solution to disable ESET and it is not a solution to ignore the G-Suite sync. Thursday evening I post all the actual versions, but I'm sure that that there is no newer ESET available.