Very slow updating, installation

For some reason installing Eset and downloading the updates have been very slow. I can confirm the problem is not on my side as I've been downloading stuff at over 1 megabyte pers second.

Installing Eset and the updates were at about 15KB a second and it took me about 2 hours or so.

Are there alternative servers available so I don't have to wait forever while it does a big update or installs a new build?

Edited by Ryan Hayward

• Administrators

That sounds like a problem between your ISP and servers in Europe (located in several countries). I, for one, have always been downloading updates at speed ~1300 kB/s on my home computer.

I used to download at those speeds too with Eset for many years. Its only recently that I have experienced this slow-ness and I have not changed isps.

Hello,

My downloads are working at expected bandwidth from central United States.

Can you narrow it down to one workstation if multiple are involved ? Or is it on a single computer every time ?

Are you behind a switch or router with QoS ?

Have you tried speedtest.net to double check your download speed ?

If the workstation in question has had ESET or another security product installed before, have you tried running the ESET Uninstaller from safemode to ensure conflicting drivers or files have been fully removed ?

Can you try running the installation and updates from a diagnostic boot mode with networking ? (Not safemode, but only normal windows sevices, with all other 3rd party etc disabled)

These are a few questions, & suggestions that may assist with resolving the issue.

Edit: Restarted the workstation ? lol ;)

Edited by Arakasi

Its a single computer and I have never had issues in the past. My internet is always very fast so speed in general on my end is not an issue.

I am not behind any routers as I have mobile broadband which is on a usb stick modem.

No conflicting files or anything like that, certainly no viruses or spyware, adware, etc etc.

The only thing that is slow is connecting to the eset servers from Perth, Australia using Telstra. All other internet activity is blazing fast.

• Administrators

I'd suggest contacting ESET Australia support who could get in touch with Telstra and troubleshoot the issue with the ISP.

• 3 weeks later...

Just letting you guys know that the speed issues seems to have been resolved. I just downloaded 150 megabytes worth of eset updates in the blink of an eye. Fingers crossed it cointinues like this as I really love Eset with a passion. I hate any other suite including Kaspersky.

• 1 year later...

I am in California, ESET 9.0 took 2 hours and counting to download. Everything else downloads at 2.5 MB/sec at a 300Mb/Sec connection. This effects our productivity tremendously, and needs to resolved sooner than later.