Unclear notification window upon detection

As per object,

I have been ranting about this since day one. The ESET popup window notifiying PUAs and threats is not resizable. As a consequence of this:

- User can't see what the threat actually is

- Can't see the actual path and origin of the threat (it would allow for manual inspection of folders and pages before determining what the threat is

To add up

- Apart from the 3 main actions suggested:

- No further information or links explaining what the problem is.

- In the case highlighted in the screenshot below, i couldn't find the events in the log window either. So at this point i don't know 1) What the threat was (except we know it was a script injection); 2) Where the threat originated; 3) Where it was residing; 4) How it ended up (cleaned? still present?).

As i said other times, i am happy about the antivirus to date, after decades of Kaspersky. However fixing these details would surely help having a more granular control of what's going on in the machine. OR.....am i doing anything wrong?

Any insights?

Thanks

Eset.png

• Administrators

1, To expand the window, click the square icon in the upper right corner of the window.
2, Obviously they are files in Firefox cache that are detected. Probably you have visited some compromised websites with web access protection disabled.

Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector. Prior to collecting logs, also select "Quarantined files" in ELC.

Dear Marcos,

Thanks for the prompt reply. A few clarifications. I clicked on the square icon (first thing one does) and nothing happened. If you noticed, I mentioned this problem also other times. I assume you'll suggest me to reinstall ESET on this.

The issue showed up upon restarting the PC from suspension mode with two FF windows still open, none of which associated to compromised websites (even if I don't recall which ones but they were news related). Any session implying risky browsing is done on another separate browser, most of the times. Assuming this content was cached yesterday before suspension, i do not recall any exception to this rule.

The log can't be attached because your platform only supports 100mb and the log is bigger. Furthermore, i set it up to only show the threats log rather than the full one. Please advise if you'd like to see the threat log sent through other methods.

Rick

• Administrators

No problem maximizing the window here:

image.png

As for the ELC log, couldn't it be that you selected the Threat detection template? In such case a dump of the registry would be collected as well which is quite big and unnecessary in this case.

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

No problem maximizing the window here:

image.png

As for the ESET Log Collector log, couldn't it be that you selected the Threat detection template? In such case a dump of the registry would be collected as well which is quite big and unnecessary in this case.

A) My window does not resize in that way. That issue has been going on through multiple iterations of EIS. Not clear what the problem is.

B) You are right on the second. I am on the move. I will post a log ASAP in this same thread. By today.