"New Telemetry settings" in 12.2.23

If you look at the change log for 12.2.23 you may noticed a new addition "Added: New Telemetry settings collected from our users" For some reason It's only written when you look for it at download page and click on 'Configure download', and I don't see anything about telemetry in recent change log which was posted here in forum few days ago.

Guess it would be nice to provide your customers with more details about this new telemetry thing, the way it works, information it gathers and if we are able to turn it off. Been searching myself any related information but haven't found anything so far.

• Administrators

During installation you are asked if you want to participate in Customer experience improvement program. If you later decide to not participate, you can disable it in the advanced setup. There you will also find a web link with information about what data is collected.

image.png

22 minutes ago, Marcos said:

During installation you are asked if you want to participate in Customer experience improvement program. If you later decide to not participate, you can disable it in the advanced setup. There you will also find a web link with information about what data is collected.

image.png

Thank you for your response, Marcos. As far as I remember this setting you showed on the screenshot been there for a long time. Does this mean the new telemetry data which is introduced in recent version is a part of 'Customer Experience Improvement Program' ?

Edited by letmeknov

23 hours ago, Marcos said:

image.png

X means OFF?

Thanks

2 hours ago, monbonita96 said:

X means OFF?

In the Eset GUI if an option selection is blank; i.e. uncheck-marked, it means that option is disabled.