Add shortcut to Windows Quick Launch for Banking Protection window?

The BPP feature doesn't automatically recognize most of my financial website destinations, and I've had no luck adding them manually.  I was able to add a Quick Launch shortcut that brought up the BPP window, just as can be done through the program interface, but with only one click.  However I lost that shortcut and now can't recall how I did it.  Can anyone explain how to do this?  thanks, Mike

ETA:  now I remember, I located the bpp executable and linked to it.

Edited by spoolin01
spelling

• Administrators

You could simply reinstall ESET to get the shortcut back.

Anyways, it starts
"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ecmd.exe" /startprotectedbrowser

As for the problem opening certain websites in the secure browser, please provide a few of them so that we can check them out.

Yes, that's the shortcut I used.  I don't recall how or where I got that tip, but that works as a Quick Launch shortcut.  Out of curiosity - it's not an integrated feature, how would reinstallation bring it back?

The main site I was never able to successfully add was online.citi.com, or any of several citi domain variants I tried.  However I see that it is now being recognized.  Currently I'm unable to get www.chase.com to open in the secured browser.  I've added it to the list of secured sites, but still no luck.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, spoolin01 said:

Yes, that's the shortcut I used.  I don't recall how or where I got that tip, but that works as a Quick Launch shortcut.  Out of curiosity - it's not an integrated feature, how would reinstallation bring it back?

Since Banking and payment protection is part of ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium, a desktop shortcut to a secure browser is created on the desktop during installation of the products.

31 minutes ago, spoolin01 said:

The main site I was never able to successfully add was online.citi.com, or any of several citi domain variants I tried.  However I see that it is now being recognized.  Currently I'm unable to get www.chase.com to open in the secured browser.  I've added it to the list of secured sites, but still no luck.

In previous versions there was a problem with redirection to sites that utilized HTTP/2 which was not supported by BPP. Support for HTTP/2 in BPP was added in v12.2.

As for chase.com, I was able to reproduce the issue but I don't see any reason why redirection shouldn't work. I've reported it to developers so that they will look into it.