Any breathtaking feature in the upcoming version of ESS & EAV?

Does any one have some news about it? Or you can speak out what is your wish and let the engineers hear it.

I cannot wait to see the new version after trying so many other vendors' 2014 products. Most of them have new interfaces, engine (eset upgrate this all the time) and price.

• Administrators

ESET updates their products on-the-fly via modules to bring new protection features or to improve existing ones. If you want a new interface then yes, it will also be one of the changes in the next version.

New features will be announced as soon as the new version is available for public testing.

I just wish people's voice are heard. And want them to share their ideas.

Users can post what they think in the "future changes" threads.

But you need to understand that ESET can't add every idea or feature request that people posts in those threads, or the products would become bloated in no time. Wich is not something I want to happen anyway. I love the products the way they are today.

• Administrators

Breathtaking features are also implemented silently without making a lot of fuss about it. For instance, today we've started using a sophisticated method based on advanced heuristics and LiveGrid to bring much better protection against new threat variants between updates. Needless to say that even without this improvement, ESET has always reacted to new unrecognized variants very quickly and detections used to be added in the next update.

Breathtaking features are also implemented silently without making a lot of fuss about it. For instance, today we've started using a sophisticated method based on advanced heuristics and LiveGrid to bring much better protection against new threat variants between updates.

Very nice indeed! Thanks a lot for sharing that Marcos. So thanks to this thread we found out about this wich we probably wouldn't have otherwise if I know ESET right.  :D

Perhaps ESET should make more fuss about invisible but important back-end updates like this, this forum is a great place to do that on. I am sure users would appreciate if ESET in the future shared improvements like this. Myself and other longtime users know that most of the work is "invisible" to the user and happens backstage. But those who don't would of course appreciate when you share information like this.

Well, ok I admit me too actually even if I don't need to hear about it, it's still fun and exciting to read  B)

actually eset version 7 is not so compatible with today's tablet. It is not so easy to control eset's product on touch screen, especially the setting pert.

If eset could be the first one advancing on tablet, it will become a great benefit. Tablet is a trend indeed.

There is several products available already for "mobile devices"...

If you have a tablet running Win 8 Pro I think it was said that it is possible to install ESET on it, just like any other PC running Win8.

Different story with the "Surface" tablets though, as it's not really possible to develop an AV for it due to restrictions AFAIK. And probably not needed on that platform either. Same applies for iOS devices I believe.

I think ESET Mobile Security for Android should work on a tablet running android as long as the android version installed is supported. 

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/home/for-mobile/

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/home/products/mobile-security-android/

Android 2.3 and higher

Device RAM 256+ MB

Memory: 12+ MB

Touch screen (minimal 240x320px)  

Processor: 500+ MHz

Internet connection

Also for Symbian

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/home/products/mobile-security-symbian/

And Windows Mobile

hxxp://www.eset.com/int/home/products/mobile-security-windows/